Tuesday, December 9, 2014

And... We're Off!

Wow!  A lot has happened since the last time I blogged.  I had two surgeries, move to a new city, started a new running group, and totally change the way that I eat.  After speaking with a friend, it is time to start blogging again.  It is time to share all the things that are good and bad about a healthy lifestyle. Sometimes I wonder, if I am the only one who experiences these things.  Then I have conversations with my sister friends who tell me they go through the same things!

Being healthy and fit is definitely a lot of work. Yes… it is so easy to go and eat fast food, prepared meals, or just crap and general.  But investing in oneself by creating a lifestyle that encourages fitness and well-being is really hard. But… It is not impossible.

Most people don't know that at the beginning of 2014 I decided to become a vegan. Really, I've decided to become a Nutritarian.  Changing my eating happen it's really affected my body drastically. I found almonds I didn't know I had due to being hidden by the effects of horrible food.  Since that time, I can probably count on three fingers how many times I've eaten meat that has feet. Understanding how food affects our body is really important.  One's bodyweight, I guess, is important but also being fit and healthy and understanding how your body is affected by food is probably more important. Many people live in sickness every single day because they don't understand how food is processed in the body. Until one feels the feeling of wellness, no one really knows what sickness feels like. After my gallbladder surgery, I couldn't believe just how my body was rejecting bad food. But by paying attention to what one's body has gone through, and what one's body is going through, we can figure out that fine line between sickness and wellness.

For 2015, PhatAthlete is not going to focus on weight loss but rather Wellness!  We're going to have good conversations about physical activity, food, lifestyles, meditation, clothing, music, and just being one with the earth that we live in. I will invite some guest writers, guest speakers, and just people who were interested in living a full life. We will share great Facebook pages, great blogs, and great websites that offer opportunities for us to explore and enjoy a healthy lifestyle.  We will also explore this idea of veganism and begin to see how we could take foods that come to us in its natural state and make amazing meals that not only satisfy her body but nourish our bodies. Now I'm not going to ask you to give up your meat, but, I am going to ask you to try something new!

So look for my new blogs coming beginning today and throughout all of 2015.  I have some really great stuff to share with you and I hope you have some great things to share with me.

Let's get it!

PhatAthlete

No comments:

Post a Comment