Friday, July 23, 2010

All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.” Morarji Desai

YEP!  I DON'T DISAGREE!

Hello Blog Space People!  I know I promised you a blog today about workout clothes... Blah Blah... well I want to talk about something different.  Setbacks... Yes I said it... SETBACKS!

You ever feel like people, places, and things (Thanks Schoolhouse Rock) are constantly trying to hold you back?  Well, that is how I am feeling today.  The people, place, and thing holding me back is (and... sorry USPS) UPS!  Now, as most of you know, I am not the standard kind of gurl!  I am especially SPECIAL!  I have a whole lot to love and lots of love to give.  That being said, I had to order a custom wetsuit (http://www.liquidfit.com/) to fit all this love for the triathlon (I can spell it now).  The suit was being made on Monday, packed and ready to ship on Wednesday, a powersurge on Wednesday caused the computer to shut down at the shop.  The suit was ready for pick up on Thursday (I am assuming now... Theresa was helpful but not clear).  NOW, I hear that my wetsuit is less that 500 miles away in LA waiting to get to Vallejo!  DANG IT... I can go get it myself and have it back tonight.  But noooooooo I can't.  Cuz UPS got it.  Now, I am not clowning on the UPS but you know, unless you are at a business, UPS is UNRELIABLE!  Who knows when I will get my suit (the site says Monday... RIGHT) but it should have been here by now!

Well, I guess this will teach me patience.  If I wanted a box of chocolate or something stupid... I don't know... a hat... it would be here by now.  In fact, it only took one day for HSN to ship my computer from Southern Cal... What's up here?  Is it me? 

Now, tomorrow, I have to figure out how to get in a swim workout or swim in the nasty water without a wetsuit.  BLECH!  I guess I will be at 24 tomorrow night getting my swim on!  Nothing good is ever easy; because if it were, I would have a wetsuit by now!  Right?  Now I can look at this as being a setback, get angry, and quit or be lazy and do nothing tomorrow.  But I won't.  I am going to get up at the crack of DAWN and meet my teammates in Benicia and ride with them to San Francisco to watch them swim tomorrow.  Maybe I will just get my run in early!  Then I can watch them swim and run!  Yeah... I think I will do that.  And when I get back, I will just ride over to 24 and go get in my swim workout.  Not the same but it beats the lazy alternative, which will turn into a more difficult setback!

So... I am saying this to say, don't let people, places, or things keep you from your goal.  There are alternatives!  Even if you feel like the alternative is not the alternative of choice, DO IT ANYWAY!  Doing bad is easy (boi... do I want a piece of cheesecake right now); doing good is hard (I guess I will go get some sushi instead!).

Make it a GREAT DAY folks... do the IMPOSSIBLE!

V  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment