Sunday, September 18, 2011

Getting Back On Track can be WACK! (Yes... I said it!)

"The world is changing at such a rapid rate that waiting to implement changes will leave you 2 steps behind.  DO IT NOW! DO IT NOW! DO IT NOW!" - From a poster that was given to me

It has been a while since I have been on my site.  Well, it is time to get back on track.  My body, though feeling healed, does not feel like the me of last year after the Pacific Grove Triathlon (I still can't believe I finished).  I feel stressed, yucky, tired, sluggish, and just BLAH!  My eating habits have improved (Weight Watchers is my friend) I am even 10 pounds lighter than I was during the Triathlon (though I went up 15 pound over when I moved to Sacramento.. BLECH!), I have been swimming and walking/jogging but I still feel like crap!  I need not only a routine, but I need a partner to work out with.  Working out with a group or with a partner makes you accountable and since I do not have many (any) friends in Sacramento, I have no one to hold me accountable and weekends are often spent in the Bay eating and catching up on sleep I am not getting in Sac. 

Well, all that is changing.  I have no patience for laziness and sluggishness; stress and sleeplessness.  BACK TO MY ROUTINE I GO!  I have to!  No way around it.  My skin and my body are mad at me and are ready to get it started. 

I have a goal.  Next year, I am going to sign up for Nike Women's Marathon 2012 and I will be running/jogging/intervals the 13.1 miles instead of walking like I have done in the past.  That means hitting the streets, walking until I can jog again; jogging until I can run!  I am going to do it and NO ONE IS GOING TO STOP ME!  Now I don't have a finish time in mind, but my iPOD will hold me accountable towards progress. 

So, the journey begins.  I promise to update the blog at least once a week, but will strive to do it on a regular basis.  I hope you will cheer me on.  I am excited just thinking about it.  But I know there are going to be times when I want to quit.  Will you call me and tell me to keep moving?

Well, the PHAT ATHLETE is back and will be discussing issues that affect our mind, body, and soul.  I look forward to sharing with you!

---Phat Athlete

No comments:

Post a Comment